EQUAZEN: Oil Purity
EQUAZEN contains high quality marine and botanical oils. Here are a few of the key facts that you may want to know so that you – or your children – can take our oils with confidence.
Five facts about the Omega-3 component of EQUAZEN:
- In EQUAZEN, the high EPA marine oil comes from small fish, specifically sardines and pilchards.
- The fish which we use in our oils is sourced from sustainable stocks.
- The oil we use is independently tested for its Vitamin A and D content.
- For our high EPA oils, we harvest the fish during the few weeks of the year when these oils are highest, ensuring that we deliver a high natural source of EPA – this is important for the quality of our fish oil.
- We comply with stringent EC and WHO regulations with regard to dioxins, PCBs, heavy metals and other potential pollutants.
The result is high quality fish oil in a natural form.
You may want to know some facts about the Omega-6 component: virgin unrefined Evening Primrose Oil. This is a particularly high quality source of GLA because we:
- Extract with a simple mechanical press similar to that used for virgin olive oil, ensuring minimal contact with heat, light or oxygen. We believe this to be superior to the other methods. Solvent extraction leaves chemical traces, and mainstream pressing causes heat damage to this delicate oil.
- Filter the oil to take out small particles.
- Refine to reduce the impurities which can affect product stability and which could give the oil a bad odour or taste
- Finally, when manufacturing these ingredients, we use pharmaceutical-grade facilities for encapsulation and packaging.